Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Try the Tutorial, and feel free to experiment in the test area.
- If you need help, post a question at the Help Desk
- Eventually, you might want to read the Manual of Style and Policies and Guidelines.
- Remember Wikipedia:Neutral point of view
- Explore, be bold in editing pages, and, most importantly, have fun!
P.S. One last helpful hint. To sign your posts like I did above (on talk pages, for example) use the '~' symbol. To insert just your name, type ~~~ (3 tildes), or, to insert your name and timestamp, use ~~~~ (4 tildes).
Yikes! Good house chart you made and a very detailed explanation you gave with it :) - Haukurth 12:11, 13 August 2005 (UTC)
- Also with regards to the house chart.... I'd be quite interested to know how you made it. I have begun to construct a generic house-chart generating application as a way to teach myself SVG (though I must admit to being mostly uninterested in the astrology); unfortunately information on how to generate such charts (formulae and algorithms and such) is hard to come by. As such, I would appreciate any direction you might have to offer. -Fennec (はさばくのきつね) 03:00, 1 January 2006 (UTC)
- Very simple -- get whatever computer astro-program you like (I personally like Win*Star Express -- you can download a free 30 day demo from Matrix Astrology's website. If you like astrology and have a general interest (rather an OBSESSIVE one), I believe that THIS is THE PROGRAM because it's far more than you'll ever need. So you easily calculate the chart by entering basic birth data (the prog does all of the work, the formulae/algorithms/geometry/algebra/arithmetic); then customize the colors/options/orbs/aspects/etc. the way you want it; then, and this is the tough part, you hit the 'print screen' button with the chart up on the screen; copy/paste this image in to MS "Paint" or whatever you use, cut out the chart only, save it as a file, and there you have it. And it's always good to cross-check for accuracy on Astro.com or another (free) internet astro-chart calculating service before you call the chart 'official.' --Pseudothyrum 19:37, 25 July 2006 (UTC)